Wednesday, August 31, 2011

View From Bennett Avenue

As any red-blooded college football fan I am excited about the upcoming opening weekend. Unfortunately the slate of games leaves a lot to be desired and the number of must-watch games are few. I'll watch Syracuse versus Wake on my computer Thursday night, tune into TCU-Baylor on Friday and then make sure I watch Notre Dame play South Florida on Saturday before the LSU-Oregon game that night. The night game, which is the premier game of the weekend, has lost a lot of juice with both teams accused of cheating and some Tigers suspended--including their QB--for fighting. Boise State plays Georgia that night too and hopefully Boise won't do to Georgia what Georgia did to them a few years ago (not that I am rooting for Georgia but I want a good game). Meanwhile it is interesting that the big, bad SEC is a dog in both of those contests.
I like it when the college game has center stage Labor Day weekend but am disappointed with the offerings. Still, it is college football and there will always be an interesting game when none expected. I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment