Tuesday, January 3, 2012

View From Bennett Avenue

The BCS has delivered two exciting games so far, which is not surprising as the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl were expected to be compelling. I must admit that the Rose Bowl had a bit too much offense for my liking as there was a time when neither team was getting any stops. The offenses looked good in the nightcap too, of course, but there was more of an attempt to play defense. Either way, each losing team could have won and we were clearly seeing four of the best teams in college football. I do not think Oklahoma State could beat LSU--although I would love to see Blackmon versus the Tigers secondary--but they will finish second or third overall and that is not too shabby.
I do not think that two of the best teams in the country will square off tonight in the Sugar Bowl, but the game should be close. The Big Ten desperately needs Michigan to look good tonight, while Virginia Tech is still looking for its first marquee win of the season. I took Va Tech and the points but am not confident as the best player in te game will play QB for te Wolverines.

No comments:

Post a Comment