Sunday, November 15, 2009

View From Bennett Avenue

Another Saturday, another underwhelming performance by Florida. Meanwhile Alabama, Texas, TCU and Boise continued to look great, so much so that Florida's lack of style points stand out even more. There is not much to do about it as a fan as there will be no stopping the Gators from capturing a third national title in four years if they win out, but it does allow us all to root against them. I do not remember ever rooting for the Tide--wait there was the Sugar Bowl after the 1992 season against Miami--but will do so in the SEC Championship game. I'll root for Florida State too at the end of the regular season. And then if the Gators make it to the BCS Title game, I'll root for their opponent too. Sorry, but act like a champion on and off the field and I will give you my respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment