Saturday, September 3, 2011

Today's Picks

My picks today are a work in progress. My best bet is Northwestern getting 3.5 at Boston College. Both teams look to improve on 7-win seasons and the Cats, with Dan Persa healthy, will be the surprise contender in the Big Ten Legends division. BC still has to prove that they can pass the ball, especially with star runner Montel Harris out with a knee injury. The extra half point was too good to pass up.
I also like East Carolina getting 21 from a South Carolina team that has had too much turmoil this off season and will be looking ahead to the Georgia game. I also think Colorado State (-6.5) will be a bowl team this year and will beat poor New Mexico by 2 TDs. And BYU will be a national contender this season and that path will begin today with a road win over an SEC opponent in Mississippi. Take the Cougars minus 3.
As far as the big games today, I like Notre Dame over USF by 14, Oregon to edge LSU by a FG and Boise State to beat Georgia by 7.
And didn't I write that today's picks are a work in progress? Well, Houston is going to beat UCLA by 10 to avenge last season's upset loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment