Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Today's Bowl Picks

Before I get into bowl selections I wanted to honor two Louisiana Tech players for their noble gesture made prior to their appearance in the Poinsettia Bowl. All WAC WR Quinton Patton and all WAC LB Adrien Cole each donated some of their bowl swag to the San Diego Make-a-Wish Foundation at an event leading up to the game. Both players donated their $300 Best Buy gift cards while Cole also added his $97 Tourneau Poinsettia Bowl watch. "They're just material things," said Cole. "They need it more than I do." With all of the negative crap circulating the sport, it is nice to present some good news.
Meanwhile, star Auburn back Michael Dyer has announced that he will will transfer. Dyer will not be able to donate any bowl swag this year as he is suspended for Auburn's bowl game. This is a tremendous blow to the Tigers.
As for picks I went with Air force and Texas today but I am not too excited about either pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment