Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bowl Angst

Ahhhh, just my luck. I had hoped to pick Utah in tonight's Poinsettia Bowl but returned to my computer in the 2nd Q after a day with the family. So, of course, Utah looks great and I cannot take credit for it. Of course, now that I am mentioning my fondness for Utah, Cal will rally and I'll look bad again.
Meanwhile, if the score holds up then all five bowl games played to date this year will have featured the game's winner covering the spread. Four of the games have been won outright by dogs--if the Utes hold on--and the one favorite to win so far, Rutgers, covered in doing so. That's due to change soon, although I do like SMU, the underdog, tomorrow out in Hawaii. The spread is way too high and Nevada is missing a host of key players through either injury or suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment