Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Notes From Week Two

USC has a pair of dynamic receivers.  That is really the best thing I can say about them from Saturday's game.  Barkley is good but the offense is oddly conservative so I am not sure he deserves too much credit.  Stanford this Saturday will be a much better test of course.
Gene Chizik is 21-31 as a head coach without Cam Newton.
Firing a coach after two weeks is crazy.  I hope the Wisconsin situation gets straightened out before conference play.
Has anyone located Louisiana Monroe on a map yet?  I am happy for head coach Todd Berry, who took his lumps as the head man at Army earlier last decade.  And while everyone is blaming the Arkansas loss on new head coach John L. Smith, the blame should not only be shared by Bobby Petrino but on those administrators who hired him in the first place.
There have been plenty of nice wins from supposedly lesser conferences throughout the early season.  I will start spreading the love soon.
Those who think Notre Dame will never return to the top ten are crazy.  They have a lot of young talent (at one point three true freshmen were in the defensive lineup in the second half against Purdue) and another great recruiting class building.  Teams had better beat them now.
Although I love that Jim Grobe remains at Wake Forest, I cannot for the life of me understand why a bigger program has not come calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment