Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spreading the Joy of Utah Football

What is going on in the Beehive State?  34th in U.S. population and considered outside the grain for as long as anyone can remember, the fine state of Utah not only fields three FBS programs but fields three excellent FBS programs.  Not one of the major powers comes sniffing around for Utah high school players and while these programs by necessity have to recruit from outside the state's borders they are rarely luring four and five star studs.  I cannot say that I know how they are getting it done but I do know that if I was a coach of a struggling program overwhelmed by bigger fish in my neighborhood I would be flying out to Salt Lake City and asking questions.  Maybe there is something in the water.  Come bowl time we will be watching Utah State, BYU and Utah all suiting up and you have to like there chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment