Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paul's Picks

Once again my lousy picking is deflating my interest in writing a long post. I am now at 17-22 for the season. Enough said.
Wake Forest at MARYLAND (-5.5)
Although neither team is a threat for a ranking or meriting much attention, the spread is implying that Maryland is decent. This is a pick based solely on noticing a spread that seems too high. Oh, and Wake does have some talent on defense. Pick: Wake +5.5
Vanderbilt at ARKANSAS (-21)
Pad the stats time for the Razorbacks. Pick: Arkansas -21
Akron at TEMPLE (-29)
I am including this game just so I can type a -29 next to Temple. Pick: Temple -29
Missouri at NEBRASKA (over/under 55)
Although I like Nebraska in this game-like everyone else--I am impressed enough with Missouri's defense to shy away from giving the points. But I do like the under in what should be a defensive struggle. Pick: Under 55
Cal at OREGON STATE (-3)
Cal has played four home games this season, winning them all by average 47-9 score. They have played three road games, losing them all by average margin of 16. This game is on the road and features the second half of the season Beavers, who are always good this time of year. Pick: Oregon State -3
Michigan at PENN STATE (+3)
How did Michigan get back into the rankings? Because they did not drop their third straight game(they were off)? Penn State wins third straight in rivalry once dominated by Michigan. Pick: Penn State +3

No comments:

Post a Comment